History of Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Model College
The congregation of the sisters of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus is the first indigenous congregation of the Archdiocese of Lagos Metropolitan. She was founded by late Archbishop Leo Hale Taylor of the SMA in 1943. The aim is to found educated African sisters who will be of great missionary power.
The congregation became autonomous in 1963 after a long tutelage of the sisters of Our Lady of Apostles Congregation.
Since the inception of the congregation, education of men and women has being her primary goal. So on Saturday 23rd September 2006 this great College was established in Ibonwon with twenty pioneer students. (Thirteen girls and seven boys)
Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Model College is a Co-Educational Catholic Boarding School established by the sisters of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Sisters Congregation, with the Superior General as the proprietress.
The College was established to raise a generation of Children ready to face global challenges and be useful in this rapid changing world.